Volunteer Job Description
If you cannot commit to be present from Volunteer Orientation March 29 to the end of the closing dinner party April 3, do not register as a volunteer.
Purpose and Overview: To assist the PAS Organizing Team (Planning Committee) with with hosting the Plein Air South annual “Gathering” of plein air artists, organizations, event organizers and related businesses. (See Responsibilities and Benefits below). The Organizing Team schedules 5 days of presentations, demonstrations and instruction by faculty artists from across the Southeast and beyond as well as vendor exhibitions and, of course, painting outdoors. The sponsoring, non-profit organization of Plein Air South is Franklin's Promise Coalition based in Apalachicola, FL.
Event Dates: March 30-April 3, 2020
Location: Apalachicola, Florida
Key Responsibilities could include the following:
• Assist with attendee registration and distribute event information
• Assist with presentations, demonstrations and panel discussions.
• Assist vendors.
• Assist with breakfasts, networking lunches, and opening and closing dinner parties.
• Prep materials for presentations as needed.
• Arrive to volunteer location 15 minutes before the activity begins.
* Attend the Volunteer Orientation on Sunday, March 29, 2020.
• Exposure to faculty artists and other attending artists.
• Inspiration and skill development.
• Meet other people with similar interests.
• Gain experience for future roles in PAS and other nonprofit activities.
• Special pricing ($200) on PAS Annual Gathering registration (if minimum volunteer hour requirement is met).
Support: Training for this position will be provided during an orientation held on the day prior to the beginning of the event. Please feel free to contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com
with any questions or concerns, or if you are in need of assistance.
Time Commitment: 18-20 hours of volunteer work from March 29-April 3, 2020.
Qualifications: The desire to work with artists and an interest in art is encouraged. You must be comfortable working with and managing large groups of people and have your own transportation.
Reports to: PAS Volunteer Coordinator
Age Requirement: You must be at least 18 years old.