If you are a returning member you must log in to register as a Volunteer.If you are a returning member, please use the email and password you logged in with before. You can reset your password if you can't remember it. If you are a new member, you will be emailed a password to log in after you register to be a volunteer to the email address you provide during registration.
Read job description carefully and then click the link
below the description to register as a volunteer.
Volunteer Job Description
you cannot commit to be present from Volunteer Orientation May 13
to the end of the closing dinner party May 17, do not register as a volunteer.
Purpose and Overview: To assist the PAS Planning Committee with with hosting the Plein Air South annual “Gathering” of plein air artists, organizations, event organizers and related businesses. (See Responsibilities and Benefits below). The Organizing Team (Planning Committee) schedules 4 days of presentations, demonstrations, and instruction by faculty artists from across the Southeast and beyond as well as vendor exhibitions and, of course, painting outdoors. The sponsoring, non-profit organization of Plein Air South is Franklin's Promise Coalition based in Apalachicola, FL.
Event Dates: May 14-17, 2018
Location: Port St. Joe, Florida
• Assist with attendee registration and distribute event information
• Assist with presentations, demonstrations and panel discussions.
• Staff the Marketplace and assist vendors.
• Assist with breakfasts, networking lunches, and opening and closing dinner parties.
• Prep materials for presentations as needed.
• Arrive to volunteer location 15 minutes before the activity begins.Benefits:
• Exposure to faculty artists and other attending artists.
• Inspiration and skill development.
• Meet other people with similar interests.
• Gain experience for future roles in PAS and other nonprofit activities.
• Special pricing ($195) on PAS Annual Gathering registration and year membership (if minimum volunteer hour requirement is met).Support: Training for this position will be provided during an orientation held on the day prior to the beginning of the event. Please feel free to contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions or concerns, or if you are in need of assistance.
Time Commitment: 20 hours of volunteer work from May 13 through May 17, 2018Qualifications: The desire to work with artists and an interest in art is encouraged. You must be comfortable working with large groups of people and have your own transportation.
Reports to: PAS Volunteer CoordinatorAge Requirement: You must be at least 18 years old.
Dress Code: Business casual (dress jeans are okay).