Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of the Florida panhandle as they assess the horrific damage and begin putting their lives back together after Hurricane Michael. We are confident that the resilient people of this area, along with help that will be pouring in, will repair, rebuild and eventually restore the area to once again welcome visitors to enjoy the beautiful "Forgotten Coast". As the organizers of Plein Air South, we will follow them as restoration efforts begin and will keep you posted regarding the progression of plans for our 2019 gathering.
Our awesome Plein Air South volunteers not only pay the lowest attendance rate but also, after the final schedule is set, GET TO CHOOSE (1) FROM MULTIPLE VENUES and (2) WHERE THEY WANT TO WORK. As you can see from these photos, the work is not difficult and much of the time is spent watching the faculty paint or helping fellow attendees with meals. Sign up today!
If you are a returning member you must log in to register as a Volunteer.If you are a returning member, please use the email and password you logged in with before. You can reset your password if you can't remember it. If you are a new member, you will be emailed a password to log in after you register to be a volunteer to the email address you provide during registration. Email us at email@example.com if you need help or have questions.
Read job description carefully and then
click the link below the description to register as a volunteer.
Volunteer Job Description
you cannot commit to be present from Volunteer Orientation May 12
to the end of the closing dinner party May 16, do not register as a volunteer.
Purpose and Overview: To assist the PAS Planning Committee with with hosting the Plein Air South annual “Gathering” of plein air artists, organizations, event organizers and related businesses. (See Responsibilities and Benefits below). The Organizing Team (Planning Committee) schedules 5 days of presentations, demonstrations, and instruction by faculty artists from across the Southeast and beyond as well as vendor exhibitions and, of course, painting outdoors. The sponsoring, non-profit organization of Plein Air South is Franklin's Promise Coalition based in Apalachicola, FL.
Event Dates: May 12-16, 2019
Location: Port St. Joe, Florida
• Assist with attendee registration and distribute event information
• Assist with presentations, demonstrations and panel discussions.
• Staff the Marketplace and assist vendors.
• Assist with breakfasts, networking lunches, and opening and closing dinner parties.
• Prep materials for presentations as needed.
• Arrive to volunteer location 15 minutes before the activity begins.
* Attend the Volunteer Orientation on Sunday, May 12, 2019, 2:00-3:00 pm.Benefits:
• Exposure to faculty artists and other attending artists.
• Inspiration and skill development.
• Meet other people with similar interests.
• Gain experience for future roles in PAS and other nonprofit activities.
• Special pricing ($200) on PAS Annual Gathering registration (if minimum volunteer hour requirement is met).Support: Training for this position will be provided during an orientation held on the day prior to the beginning of the event. Please feel free to contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns, or if you are in need of assistance.
Time Commitment: 18-20 hours of volunteer work from May 12 through May 16, 2019Qualifications: The desire to work with artists and an interest in art is encouraged. You must be comfortable working with and managing large groups of people and have your own transportation.
Reports to: PAS Volunteer CoordinatorAge Requirement: You must be at least 18 years old.